One of our most prestigious clients in Northamptonshire is currently looking for a General Manager to lead their large warehouse and transport operation at their site in Northamptonshire. A large site with a raft of blue chip clients, this is a high profile role in a company with aggressive expansion plans.
Who is our client? Our client is the leading 3PL - they have exciting future plans for which they need a driven and experienced General Manager to implement.
What is this site like? This is a stable site with a portfolio of impressive blue chip clients. It's a site that is incredibly fast paced, and they are looking for someone to drive change and lead a large team forward. You'll be the first point of contact in controlling the depot budget, signing off new deals and implementing new customer processes and contracts. This is the chance to be lead a large depot forward into the future.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Site General Manager duties include:
- Managing the site team across warehousing and transport functions to meet and exceed KPIs.
- Driving forward changes to improve efficiency across the network of multiple customers
- Liaising with the company board and building strong relationships with customers
- Extending existing commercial relationships in order to add shareholder value and strengthen
- People processes: developing direct reports and promote a positive employee culture to minimise turnover
- Ensuring that the site is legally compliant with the O-license and leading forward H&S
- A proven track record of delivering results at General Manager level
- Experience of managing large in house transport operations
- FMCG logistics experience
- The dedication to work hours necessary according to business needs
- High level networking and relationship building skills with senior stakeholders
- Previous experience managing large commercial budgets
- Competitive salary of £90,000 (negotiable to higher dependent upon experience)
- Private health insurance (family cover)
- Company car
- Good pension scheme
- Opportunities to work with a prestigious client base
- The chance to work autonomously in driving forward a large site
- Career development opportunities across a much larger group