Are you an experienced Warehouse Team Leader looking for progression?
A respected 3PL is offering a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic Warehouse Team Leader on days to join their busy operation in Tilbury.
Offering a permanent contract on 4 on 4 off daytime contract, the package includes a competitive salary of £28,988 per annum, great company pension scheme and fantastic formal development opportunities across a portfolio of market leading sister companies. This is a new state of the art distribution site, servicing a wealth of blue chip FMCG clients.
You will be responsible for supervising the day to day warehouse operation to ensure H&S, quality, accuracy and performance KPI's are hit and exceeded. The role involves team briefings, performance management of your team and daily delivery of the warehouse plan. This particular role allows you to suggest new performance and process ideas, letting you carry out changes and make a stamp on your team.
Warehouse Team Leader duties:
- Supervising your team and day to day management of your warehouse area - goods receipt, despatch, picking or admin
- Monitoring staff performance and successfully mentoring underperforming colleagues
- Ensuring KPIs around picking, packing, accuracy and attendance are achieved by your team and communicating progress to the Warehouse Manager
- Maintaining stock integrity
- Building relationships quickly on site in order to maintain a strong team
- Liaising with customers and suppliers
- Carrying out effective team meetings to help deliver process improvements
- HR duties such as: recruiting warehouse colleagues, incident and accident investigations, counselling meetings and absence reviews
- Identifying new ways of working and streamlining processes in the warehouse
- Confidently suggest new ideas and implement changes in process through team briefings
- Display some flexibility with regards to covering alternative as and when needed for covering holiday/sickness
- At 1 years' experience within a busy FMCG warehouse environment, ideally food
- Must have experience of managing warehouse colleagues at Team Leader / Supervisor or Warehouse FLM level
- Excellent people management skills - experience in recruiting and accident investigations
- The ability to mentor and coach your team and inspire achievement in others
- Strong communication skills
- Ambition and the desire to succeed in a growing company
- Willingness to work the 6am - 6pm fixed shift (4 on 4 off)
- A competitive salary of £28,988 per annum
- External professional qualifications and training
- Generous company matched pension at 8%
- Childcare vouchers
- Overtime available
- Service related holiday awards
- Promotional opportunities across sister companies
- Opportunities to develop new contracts in an expanding site
- Extensive opportunities to implement your own continuous improvement ideas